If you take a paint chip and do not complete the challenge, you will need to pay an incomplete fine of $2.00
You may take as many envelopes for the challenge as you like but for those that you do not complete you will be required to pay $2.00 for each one not completed.
Please note that the Challenge projects will be displayed at the Fall 2024 Quilt Show
1. Size perimeters for entries are: 18 inches X 12.5 inches, up to a maximum of 24 inches by 18 inches. Table runners to a maximum length of 38 inches
2. You MUST use 2 colours from your paint chip
3. Your item MUST be made up of NO less than 60 percent of the two colours of your choice from the paint chip.
4. You may add a maximum of 2 more colours, not including backing. (you may use any backing of your choice)
5. If you choose to use a third colour from your paint chip this WILL count towards one of your 2 free colour choices.
6. Embellishments are fine, and they do not have to be part of the colours you choose from your paint chip.
7. Challenges are to be completed and handed in no later than the April 10th Guild meeting. The challenges will be displayed at this meeting for judging and prize winners will be announced at the May meeting.
In order for your entry to be considered for judging your project MUST be bound and quilted. You MUST attach the paint chip to the front of the project. Your item MUST have a label pinned to the back facing inward so that it cannot be seen or read. Please do NOT stitch your label to the item until after you receive it back.
This is meant to be a fun project and encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and possibly end up with a colour that you would not normally choose to work with. Please do not share your ideas with others so that the judging is kept completely anonymous.
Please give all completed work to DEBBIE WILLIAMSON ONLY. Please be sure that you cannot see through the bag when you hand it in.
If you have any questions about the challenge, please contact Debbie Williamson 905-493-6686
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL THE CREATIVITY THAT IS IN OUR GUILD!!!!!!