With a Quilt Show just around the corner (Oct 17-19 2024), it is time to get things completed!!
If you're an avid quilter, you probably have a stack of unfinished projects. Whether you ran out of time, didn't have the right materials, or just got sick of the quilt, unfinished projects pile up easily -- and take up a lot of space! Make a resolution this year to clean out your UFOs. Join our UFO Challenge Group and let’s get them done.
How does it work??
1. Pick up the registration form at the guild meeting in September
2. Register 6 (six) projects that you want to finish this guild year. You can choose from any of your UFOs. If you have a kit you bought but never opened or fabric you've been holding on to for too long, add using it to the list.
3. You may only register 6 projects. Place mat sets count as a single project.
4. Bring your list to the October 2023 guild meeting and register your list with the UFO Challenge Co-Ordinator. Make sure you have 6 (six) projects on your list!!
5. At each guild meeting, we'll randomly draw a number 1--6. We will send that out to the membership via email and post it on our website the day after the meeting. That number will correspond with which number project you work on throughout the month.
6. At the end of the month, fill in your progress. Bring in your completed projects for a special UFO Show and Share at the next guild meeting. You will be entered into a special UFO draw at the June 2024 guild meeting. Can’t come to the meeting? Send a photo of your completed item by Monday 5 pm (prior to the guild meeting) to have your name entered into the draw. Send the photo to DTQG2024QShowUFOChall@gmail.com.
7. Incomplete projects do not qualify for the prize draws. To be eligible for a prize, your item must be complete; quilted, bound and have a label.
8. Cost to enter challenge is $6.00 flat rate
9. By the end of the year, you'll have 6 finished projects! Or you'll at least have made a significant dent in your stack of UFOs.
10. The challenge will run starting in October (number to be drawn and item must be finished and brought to the Nov meeting), November (number to be drawn and item must be finished and brought to the Dec meeting), January, February (on-line) (number to be drawn and item must be finished and photo send to DTQG2024QShowUFOChall@gmail.com. for the showing at the March meeting, March (on-line) (number to be drawn and item must be finished and brought to the April meeting), April (number to be drawn and item must be finished and brought to the May meeting) and then May, the last item must be finished and brought to the June meeting.
11. Draw to take place at the June 2024 guild meeting. Good Luck!
Join in the fun and let’s get things done!!
information coming in November